Any resources about threading problems?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Feb 23 12:41:09 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:30:50 -0800, Bill Medland wrote:
> Does anyone know any site or book or something with a decent discussion about
> the problems of the different threading models and their implementations?

That'd be the developers guide ;)

> In the Developer's Guide in section 8.3 there are references to "the threading
> chapter".  Is this a section that has not yet been written?

It was written, and then the developer guide was reorganised and a ton of
content was moved around. It's now under "NTDLL", which IMHO isn't very
intuitive but I didn't reorganise it so I would say that :)

http://winehq.com/site/docs/wine-devel/c2749#NTDLL

> As I understand it we (in the pthreads version) "override the native
> pthreads library".  What does this mean?

It's explained at the above URL.

thanks -mike