vartest.c - major pain in the build process

Jakob Eriksson jakov at
Sat Feb 26 13:23:05 CST 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

>I disable winetest in my tree entirely, and have done for a long time. It
>should be disabled in CVS as well, nobody should be building winetest on
>Linux, it just encourages people to submit useless results by saying "oooh
>I wonder what happens if I do this". Worse this isn't just about it taking

Actually there may be some value in running winetest on Linux. [*]

Also, that won't stop people from running winetest on linux, I'll bet
$5 winetest.exe downloads from WRT will keep showing up.

* - We not only get statistics of how the Windows API works. We also
get coverage of how well Wine is implemented in the wild, with different
versions of Linux.

>too long, on my machine attempting to compile winetest actually crushes
>it totally. It descends into swap hell and never seems to re-emerge.

That said, maybe winetest should not build by default. That
doesn't sound like a lot of fun.