vartest.c - major pain in the build process

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sun Feb 27 03:52:44 CST 2005

"Jakob Eriksson" <jakov at vmlinux.org> wrote:

> Also, that won't stop people from running winetest on linux, I'll bet
> $5 winetest.exe downloads from WRT will keep showing up.

I'd actually rise the question of sending the results of running winetest
on an invisible desktop under Windows. For instance I'm interested to see
how my recently added user32 tests behave on different Windows platforms,
but the tests which currently present on http://test.winehq.org/data are
completely unusable. I strongly ask to stop posing tests running on an
invisible desktop and consider that tests broken, since almost all win32
APIs are influenced by the fact of running in that environment. Moreover,
Wine doesn't run in that mode at all, so we can't compare apples to apples
in that case. And the apps most of the developers/users care about should be
run on a visible desktop anyway.

> That said, maybe winetest should not build by default. That
> doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Alexandre already stated many times that there is no point to have
anything in the CVS tree if it's not compiled by default. A not used
code tends to be rotten very fast.

--
Dmitry.