Tools for identifying what a DLL provides?

Bill Medland billmedland at
Mon Feb 28 11:52:06 CST 2005

On February 28, 2005 08:55 am, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:48:40AM -0600, David D. Hagood wrote:
> > I have a DLL from a manufacturer that I don't have the source for, nor do
> > I have the header or the import library for.
> >
> > Since Wine developers frequently have to reverse engineer what a given
> > DLL provides, does anybody have a good recommendation for a tool that can
> > scan the DLL and report what functions it exports, and their arg types
> > and return types?
> You really want , trust me.
> But probably is very useful, too...
> Or maybe even winedump...
> Andreas Mohr

Yes, but they aren't going to throw the arguments and return types out are
they?  The only way to do that, surely, is disassembly to see what is
referenced off the stack and returned?

Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at