oleaut.c small change to former patch an some more

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Sun Jan 2 08:07:42 CST 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 04:25:34PM +0100, Dietrich Teickner wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> I have some problems with SysReAllocStringLen in Odin(wine for os/2) and
> the win32 MySqlQueryBrowser.exe. And I thing wine will have some times
> the same. I thing we can / need no memcpy, if str and old the same
> before realloc. We can reset the source (str) to NULL in this case. This
> should solve the problem for wine and odin.

While we do not really need memcpy here, I think we should understand
the real problem you see.

Is there any problem? What exactly is not working? (explaining what
you do in Mysqlquerybrowser is ok, I have it running here.)

Your patch would not handle a potential truncation if the "len" parameter is
changed, right?

Can you provide a testcase snippet for
dlls/oleaut32/tests/vartype.c::test_SysReAllocStringLen() that shows different
behaviour between real Windows and WINE?

Ciao, Marcus