Approving of the WINEprobe initiative

David Gümbel david.guembel at itomig.de
Sun Jan 2 15:38:19 CST 2005

On Dienstag 21 Dezember 2004 05:46, Brian Vincent wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:13:00 +0100, David Gümbel
> <david.guembel at itomig.de> wrote:
> > Jep, its actually a pun: WINEprobe means be something like WINEtasting
> > in english an maybe "degustation de WINE" in french. It's a little hard
> > to translate puns, sorry ;) Maybe this is helpful:
> > http://dict.leo.org/?search=weinprobe

> So as far as official endorsement.. I'm sure someone in the Wine
> community will speak up if they disagree with anything.  (Conversely,
> they won't speak up if they agree.)  The three projects you mentioned
> all sound great and they're things that really should be worked on.

As the feedback has been IMO very positive (well, if we abstract over
certain implications of the name of the initiative in english ;) and nobody
came up with objections, I now consider it safe to say this initiative is
being approved of by the Wine community.

I wanted to thank everybody who provided feedback and comments. Plus, a
happy new year to all of you!

Bye,

David