wineserver: fix get_update_region for desktop window

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jan 4 17:36:48 CST 2005

Calling SetSysColor in the current cvs version of wine causes an infinite loop
in update_now in dlls/user/painting.c. As I understand it, the problem is the
following: get_update_flags will promote it's child window argument to the
next child window (via a wineserver call to get_update_region), if the
current child doesn't need any repaint. Calling get_update_flags on the
desktop window will always return a repaint flag, so it never gets ahead. The
attached patch automatically promotes the child window argument to the first
child, if called on the desktop window. I don't know if this really is the
desired behaviour. Another fix would be to not return any repaint flags for
the desktop window.

Ciao,
 Michael