Best DLLs to write conformance tests for?

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 10 01:54:57 CST 2005

Dan Kegel wrote:

> That's a small enough list that I can start guessing at
> which ones are worth writing tests for.  Let's see, how
> 'bout the following 12:
>
> amstream    atl         cabinet
> crypt32     dplayx      dpnet
> icmp        imagehlp    itss
> mswsock     winaspi     wsock32
>
> Are any of those obviously poor choices for writing
> a conformance test?  Or are there others that are
> obviously good choices, but that I missed?

Well, there's still plenty of test cases that can be written for each
DLL.  Ideally we start from the bottom (ntdll, kernel, gdi, etc) with
our test cases so that we can fix code in the dlls and programs that
depend on those dlls.

Following that line of thought, imagehlp (used by winedbg), cabinet
(used by msi and setupapi), wsock32 and crypt32 seem like good choices.

Mike