Minor wine-devel DCOM corrections

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Mon Jan 10 13:30:16 CST 2005

On January 10, 2005 11:08 am, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:56:30 -0800, Bill Medland wrote:
> > Bill Medland (billmedland at mercuryspeed.com)
> > Minor typo correction and term expansion changes
>
> Bill, if that document was helpful I'll write some more docs for you.
Hi Mike

It was sort-of-helpful to me.  Didn't really teach me anything I didn't
already understand but I think it is a good introduction.  It lays the
groundwork and the nomenclature for further discussions.

Some more advanced stuff might be relevant and useful for getting other people
involved.

For myself I am eagerly awaiting a copy of Box's Essential Com; I guess it is
a bit old now but I like to read the older stuff that gives an idea of from
where things came.

I don't know how much time I personally am going to be able to devote; my boss
isn't particularly interested in my devoting company time to it since our
code sort-of-works with existing ole32 etc.  (and now I also have to keep an
eye on .dotGNU and mono too).

The next bit I have to figure out is OXIDs and their marshalling etc.  Maybe
I'll have some more specific questions when I actually understand the
language.

Did we ever get anywhere with adding some sort of DCOM-testing framework into
the tests?  I can't remember if it was you or Robert that mentioned
resurrecting a test program.
--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com