Palm OS Desktop & Wine

FyD fyd at u-picardie.fr
Mon Jan 10 15:10:55 CST 2005

Dear All,

I have a Tungsten E PDA and use K-pilot/J-pilot to backup/restore/install
.pdb/.prc files with my linux box. No problem for that.
=> However, I would like to install a .pdf viewer on my PDA and the files
provided for this installation are not .pdb/.prc files but a Windows executable
file (AdobeReader305-PalmOS.exe). To install this file, I need to install the
whole Palm Desktop CD under windows.
=> Consequently, I thought to use Wine for that: I compiled Wine_20041201 on my
linux box (RedHat 9.0), configured it with 'winesetuptk' and run 'wine
/mnt/cdrom/autorun.exe' to install the whole Palm Desktop CD for window.

The installation seems to start ok & I get the following error message:
[...]
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000000): stub, harmless.
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config
file
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to 0x4c
Installation of D:\palm desktop\Palm Desktop.msi (SETUPEXEDIR=D:\palm desktop)
failed.
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x20024] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!

I tried to find info on the web about 'Palm OS Desktop installation & Wine'
without success...

Is it possible to do install the 'Palm OS Desktop' CD with Wine and/or any idea
for my problem ?

Thanks a lot, regards, Francois