[LOSTWAGES] Add regedit janitorial project

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jan 10 17:41:25 CST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Mike McCormack wrote:

> Steven Edwards wrote:
>
>> Maybe we need to keep a list of weekend coder projects.
>
> The aim is to lower the barrier of entry to the project by pointing out very
> specific, focused taskes that newcomers with programming experience can do.

I had a slightly different vision of janitorial tasks. What you describe
sounds very much like the 'Tasklets':

http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Wine&keywords=tasklet&keywords_type=anywords

But the wording is not what's important here.

  The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the
   programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since.
                       Moral: design before you implement.