Palm OS Desktop & Wine

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jan 11 12:02:28 CST 2005

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 14:55 schrieb Ivan Leo Puoti:
> >About USB...  Isn't it working (at minimum) with
> >iTunes?
>
> AFAIK USB isn't supported.
I have the pdf converter running with wine and Palm Desktop. The palm Desktop
installer requires some playing with MSI, I don't remember exactly what I
did. Note that you can't run the Palm Desktop application, but you can run
hotsync.exe which is enought to get PDF files onto the palm.

No, it doesn't work with USB. You can use ircomm by setting com1
-> /dev/ircomm0, but that's slow and buggy. It's much better to configure
hotsync.exe and your palm to use network sync with 127.0.0.1 and use
pi-nredir from the pilot-link package to make hotsync.exe talk to the Palm.

For all Palm users here: This also works with DocumentsToGo, but DocumentsToGo
is unstable if an memory card is inserterd.

I thought about writing an pilot-link conduit which reads the wine registry
and uses wine to call the dll conduits. So far it only creates some registry
entries and tests at school forced me to interrupt this work.

Cheers,
Stefan