Pirates! under wine

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 13:44:37 CST 2005

Hi,
 I've been working on DirectX 9 over the past week
and have managed to get Sid Meier's Pirates!
http://www.atari.com/pirates/pirates/index.php
 working better than it does for me under cedega (see
screenshot attached) along with quite a few demos
using Directx 9.

There's still quite a lot of work to do to get a full
Directx 9 implementation but it shouldn't take too
long to get Directx 9 in wine as functional as DirectX
under cedega.

I'm just doing a bit of housekeeping so the patches
will be ready for next week along with a list of
what's working and what's not.