Exiting a tests on the first failure

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 17 11:06:00 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 13:24, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl> writes:
>
> > If the first CreateKey fails, there is no need to continue with the
> > testing (because the rest of the tests will fail as well). What's the
> > best way to stop there?, something like this?:
> >
> > START_TEST(shreg)
> > {
> >         HKEY hkey = create_test_entries();
> > +        if (!hkey) return;
>
> No, the best way is to fix the test to use a key that works on all
> platforms. The test case is useless otherwise.
Hi Alexandre,

is it OK that have the above in a patch anyway, along with some extra
debugging output? I will try and find a key we can use, but one problem
could be that the failures are related to security (that's why I want to
have the extra output as well).
If it is security it will probably be harder to find a key which we can
use.

Cheers,

Paul.