Help debugging Fotowire

Antti Mäkelä zarhan at cs.tut.fi
Mon Jan 17 12:15:35 CST 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 20:00, Mike Hearn wrote:
> I'm not sure. Your best bet is to try calling the functions in your own
> mini test programs in the same way that Fotowire does until you find
> something that doesn't work right.

  Well, that's not something I probably can do as I don't have *any*
experience regarding Win32 system calls. Nor do I really have any tools to
conduct such testing..All I really have is a non-working application and I
was hoping that with the right debug options the problem could be solved.

  But what I understand from the errors is that GetCalendarinfo functions
are not fully implemented (ie. that's why they are called stubs, right?),
and return something like zero as a result. I got that error with 20041201
even without using the native oleaut32. Now I need the native oleaut32 to
get that far (so maybe the builtin oleaut32 somehow got broken between
releases?). Anyhow, the real problem is still with the CalendarInfo's as I
hardly cannot replace the kernel32 with native one... (or can I, at least
partially?)

  If there is some easy way to get a bit more "verbose" view on what the
program was exactly trying to do with the Calendarinfo call, that might be
something I could at least *try* to patch up myself. At least if it's
something simple.

  Thanks for trying, anyway..

--
- Antti Mäkelä - http://www.cs.tut.fi/~zarhan -
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly