[OLE #31] Dynamically Allocate the MTA

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 17 18:12:20 CST 2005

Vincent Béron wrote:

>Le mar 11/01/2005 à 14:03, Robert Shearman a écrit :
>

>>Changelog:
>>- Make MTA dynamically allocated so that proxies and other resources are
>>freed at the proper time.
>>- Changed/removed some incorrect comments regarding apartments.
>>----
>>

>This patch broke wineprefixcreate invocation for me.
>
>What happens is I get a:
>X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
>  Resource id in failed request:  0x77e61740
>  Serial number of failed request:  107
>  Current serial number in output stream:  114
>error while wineprefixcreate runs "wine rundll32.exe
>setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 wine.inf".
>
>The error do go away if one of avifil32.dll or devenum.dll is commented
>out in [RegisterDllsSection] in wine.inf.
>
>My personal guess is that one (or both) of those dlls do something which
>they should not, and we end up with using freed or unallocated memory.

I don't see the problem on my machine. Do the tests in dlls/ole32/tests
work for you?
Is it possible to capture a +ole log for the wineprefixcreate invocation?
I'll do a review of the code paths that patch touches anyway, but I
don't see how it could affect things - devenum does not use MTAs and
avifil32 does not use COM.

Rob