Regression : tools/wineinstall fails with an X Error

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 20 10:54:30 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 11:47, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 20:32, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl> writes:
> >
> > > and part of a trace:
> > >
> > > 0009:trace:ole:COM_ApartmentRelease destroying apartment 0x77e64460,
> > > oxid 800000009
> >
> > Looks like some sort of heap corruption, the apartment pointer is
> > suspiciously similar to the bad contents of the x11drv window
> > structure.
> >
> > > If you want a better trace, let me know.
> >
> > Yes I'd be interested to see the whole trace.
> All seems to point to patch http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=15392
>
> I'm not a 100% convinced as I have some trouble with the regression
> testing. I started with a clean installed Wine upto this patch and I get
> the XError. If I go one patch back I don't see the problem.
>
> Paul.
Ok, I'm convinced that the mentioned patch gives the X Error. But while
I was investigating the following happened:

I ran "wine rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall
128 wine.inf" from within the tools directory. This gives the X Error.

I did this several times after each other with the same result.

I than ran "WINEDEBUG=+ole wine rundll32.exe
setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 wine.inf" and the
error is gone !?!?

The registry is now filled with all the default data.

Any ideas how to proceed ? Is there a timing issue ?

Paul.