fix the DEVELOPER-HINTS file to reflect how things are really done

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Fri Jan 21 05:48:53 CST 2005

Mike McCormack wrote:
> Andreas Mohr wrote:
>>> +      FIXME("%p %p %ld\n", hdc, p, count);
>> This is a step backwards IMHO.
>> It doesn't tell squat: the user doesn't know that this is a stub
>> ("FIXME" what??), and he doesn't know that these are supposed to be the
>> function parameters either (it could be any other variable debug
>> printout,
>> too - it's indistinguishable).
> Looking at logs tells the user nothing except that there's a problem.
> The only way to figure out why the message is there is to look at the
> code, and it should be pretty obvious if it's a stub or not.
I wonder how is generated and if
it checks for the word "stub" in the FIXME's too for the detection of
"pseudo-stubs". As the stubs are eliminated from the spec files checking
for the stubs would have to happen only in the code. Functions that do
not return STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED or do not do the appropiate
SetLastError(ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) call would need the "stub"
message in the FIXME. Unless we consider the informations in to not be worth the effort.

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart