MSI: indentation and style cleanup

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sat Jan 22 11:16:45 CST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:02:00 +0100, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Well, it should be pretty easy to write a short smatch script to find
> that occurences. Afair the smatch guys wrote one for the Linux kernel
> which would need only small adaptations.

OOM safety is a bit complicated, you have to properly unwind the stack and
restore state as you go - for instance the last patch I submitted fixed a
bug where OOM would not cause the loop to terminate, but I forgot to free
some data as we returned up the stack.

Given that it can be quite complex and introduce new bugs, and given that
it's really quite a useless feature IMHO as modern Linux boxes will hang
themselves in swap hell before returning NULL from malloc I don't think
this should be a janitorial project.

Just my humble opinion, of course ;)

thanks -mike