[Fwd: Wine-Wiki.org]

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Jan 23 06:18:56 CST 2005

> Can you please add Wine-Wiki.org to the list of Compatibility site.
> We have been growing greatly, and if it was on the site, it would help
> everyone.

It seems that Wine-Wiki.org is basically redoing the Application
Database and IMHO it's a shame for two reasons:
  * building and maintaining an application database takes a lot of work
and it's a shame to duplicate that work.
  * users need a clear place to go to when they need information about
running their application in Wine. Multiplying places where they can
find this information does not help them, it only creates confusion.
    (due to contradictory and/or out of date information)

Also it's not like the Wine project is not responsive to patches. So I
don't see what kind of information would justify creating a separate web
site and could not go either directly in the Wine documentation or on
the WineHQ's site.

            Cahn's Axiom: When all else fails, read the instructions.