Some general questions about test scripts

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Jan 24 05:12:30 CST 2005

Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at> writes:

> I now more or less have the following (I'm exaggerating):
> ok( a < b | a == b | a > b, "Test failed\n");
> So the question is how do we deal with the above? If the number of
> possible 'correct' output is huge, what's the benefit of testing?

None, this sort of check can be removed. If there are a dozen
different behaviors across Windows versions, it's very unlikely that
an app would depend on the exact behavior, so there's no point in
testing for it.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at