Summary of MSRPC / DCE/RPC interoperability / Applicability of FreeDCE for Wine (DCOM)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 24 23:54:30 CST 2005

Mike wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> hi, in case you looked at the number of emails exchanged on FreeDCE
>> and freaked out, here's a summary.  if you feel that there are any
>> relevant points missing or incorrect, please _do_ speak up.
>
> There's only one thing that counts for Wine, and that is patches that
> improve Wine.  A grand scheme is nice, but it means nothing without patches.

Indeed.  Luke, we're all excited about the possibilities,
but intimidated by the prospect of learning FreeDCE etc.
and figuring out how to plug it in to Wine.  Perhaps
you could figure out a plan of attack that yields a
useful intermediate result with a minimum of changes
to Wine?   If you actually got something simple plugged into
Wine and working, it would really get people to stand up and take notice.
- Dan