Oracle - unixODBC - wine - Win32 ODBC Apple [Virus checked]

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Jan 25 09:06:21 CST 2005

On January 25, 2005 06:40 am, you wrote:
> Bill,
>
> To verify an ODBC connection from a Windows-based application I'm using
> 'odbct32w.exe' and 'odbcte32.exe', both from the Microsoft MDAC 2.8
> SDK. The former crashes (see attached log), the latter runs fine except
> it doesn't display my unixODBC DSNs, nor can't it connect to one of the
> DSNs when entered manually.
>
> On 24. J� 2005, at 15:29, Bill Medland wrote:
> >  presume you are running a program called myprog.exe from the command
> > line.
> > You type, at the command line,
> >     export WINEDEBUG=odbc
> >     wine myprog.exe 2>odbc.log
> > and when you are finished the file "odbc.log" is empty, or contains no
> > information about odbc?  In particular you have no
> > trace:odbc:DllMain Initializing or Finalizing proxy ODBC
>
> odbct32w.exe generates:

Aha
(There is still no indication that you are doing the WINEDEBUG; what version
of Wine are you running?)

I see that the program, is calling SQLDataSourcesW, the "Wide" version of
SQLDataSources.
That is currently not implemented.  I see a patch went in for it on 24 January
but I don't know when or if it will be accepted.

So it is quite possible that the actual program will work if it is based on
the "standard" SQL functions.

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com