Oracle - unixODBC - wine - Win32 ODBC Apple [Virus checked]

Bill Medland billmedland at
Tue Jan 25 09:06:21 CST 2005

On January 25, 2005 06:40 am, you wrote:
> Bill,
> To verify an ODBC connection from a Windows-based application I'm using
> 'odbct32w.exe' and 'odbcte32.exe', both from the Microsoft MDAC 2.8
> SDK. The former crashes (see attached log), the latter runs fine except
> it doesn't display my unixODBC DSNs, nor can't it connect to one of the
> DSNs when entered manually.
> On 24. J� 2005, at 15:29, Bill Medland wrote:
> >  presume you are running a program called myprog.exe from the command
> > line.
> > You type, at the command line,
> >     export WINEDEBUG=odbc
> >     wine myprog.exe 2>odbc.log
> > and when you are finished the file "odbc.log" is empty, or contains no
> > information about odbc?  In particular you have no
> > trace:odbc:DllMain Initializing or Finalizing proxy ODBC
> odbct32w.exe generates:

(There is still no indication that you are doing the WINEDEBUG; what version
of Wine are you running?)

I see that the program, is calling SQLDataSourcesW, the "Wide" version of
That is currently not implemented.  I see a patch went in for it on 24 January
but I don't know when or if it will be accepted.

So it is quite possible that the actual program will work if it is based on
the "standard" SQL functions.

Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at