PerformanceCounterFrequency fix.

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 06:36:37 CST 2005

> I'm not sure why you'd want to base it on gettimeofday().
> This is a terrible idea IMHO.
> I'm quite certain that many programs use that function for extremely time critical code
> (games, anyone??), and that thus the Windows function is equally highly optimized,
> certainly much less slow than a gettimeofday() call.

Well, if you find a way to do this that supports CPU with variable speed,
feel free to submit a patch :-)

I had the case on my laptop: a game using the PerformanceCounter functions
to get the current time was running super fast as it was getting the
'frequency' at the start (when the CPU was still in power / heat saving
mode).

Forcing the 'gettimeofday' method got it working perfectly well whatever the
cases.

     Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/