[winecfg] Show detected audio systems, and offer selection

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 27 12:46:54 CST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:03:54 +0100, Paul van Schayck wrote:
> So we can just merge the audio and graphics tab into a "Media" tab and
> put the audio driver selection under an advanced button like in the
> Drives tab? And remove the autodetect button completely?

No, the idea is to have *no* UI for audio in winecfg at all. If users want
to override Wines autodetect algorithm for some reason they can edit the
registry.

If this already works then we need somebody to test it (eg, enable/disable
arts and see if wine chooses the right driver) and then delete that code
from winecfg if it does.

Right now I think the drivers don't fail to load properly if they are
non-functional, that needs to be fixed.

thanks -mike