[ddraw] more video memory

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Jan 27 15:16:15 CST 2005

> So, instead I have a global variable that I access
> through globalAdjustGLMemory that I use to track how
> must memory DirectX would be expecting the textures to
> be using.

Yeah, this sounds like the hack there is in DDraw to make SS2 happy
(basically, it allocated textures and checked that the space left was
diminishing between calls and aborted if not).

The only problem now is to get the initial value on all supported cards in
Linux (first to get the available space on the GPU and then, harder, the
available free space once you have counter all the memory that X11 eats
'naturally' before even GL has started).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/