v2.: [IWineD3d + d3d9] bogus query implemetation

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 15:43:38 CST 2005

Hi again Oliver,

> this should be better.

Yeah, but this function is still borked, I think:

+HRESULT WINAPI IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateQuery(IWineD3DDevice *iface,
D3DQUERYTYPE Type, IWineD3DQuery** ppQuery){
+    IWineD3DDeviceImpl *This = (IWineD3DDeviceImpl *)iface;
+
+    if(NULL == ppQuery){
+        /*Just a check to see if we support this type of query*/
+        HRESULT hr = D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE;
+        /*Lie and say everything is good (we can return ok fake data from
a stub)*/
+        switch(Type){
+        case WINED3DQUERYTYPE_VCACHE:
+            hr = D3D_OK;
+        case WINED3DQUERYTYPE_RESOURCEMANAGER:
+            hr = D3D_OK;
(a bunch more)
+        default:
+            FIXME("(%p) Unhandled query type %d\n",This , Type);
+        }
Do you mean to print a fixme for every one?  If so, why not just do it
once before or after the switch?  Or if you don't, something like this
would be better:

+        switch(Type){
+        case WINED3DQUERYTYPE_VCACHE:
+        case WINED3DQUERYTYPE_RESOURCEMANAGER:
(all the other supported ones)
+            hr = D3D_OK;
+            break;
+        default:
+            FIXME("(%p) Unhandled query type %d\n",This , Type);

Notice the added break.  Also, for conciseness, I wouldn't duplicate the
hr = D3D_OK assignment for each supported type; I'd just let all the
supported ones fall through to one assignment statement, like I show here.

--Juan