World of Warcraft

Christoph cr2005 at u-club.de
Sat Jul 2 09:46:46 CDT 2005

Some more impressions from the test server and coming patches.

First the server was heavy crowded. Funny but net latency about 1200ms.
Hard to play. Blizz added a lot new game content and that is to be
tested. They happily rebootet the servers several times while I was on
and also applied a tiny patch to the clients.

The "1.6-test" patch is not a bugfix at all. Not yet ...
All the ingame bugs that I know are also in the test version. E.g. stuck
loot bug, still the same typos in the localized text. I found a new game
bug (graphics) but the GM ticket system is not working.

I used wine-20050524 because latest 20050628 broke these thinks:

- arts sound (I use this with artsd TeamSpeak)
- loose focus minimize/maximize bug

Can anyone confirm this?

One good thing: The game used to crash on exit and wine is stuck until
ctrl-c (Threadlock?). But this time, I noticed it while patching, the
game now exits without crashing. I can't say if it was due the patch. I
haven't hunted this bug. I do believe, this bug patched himself :)

chris