Assembly problem with glu library

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Sat Jul 2 17:59:22 CDT 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 01:45, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:
> > I Get the following assembly errors with the latest cvs, even with the
> > very latest gas (2.16.1), any takers on why ?
>
> winebuild is no longer using autoconf checks now that the platform can
> be set at run-time. You need to adapt the functions at the end of
> winebuild/utils.c, I put in some rough guesses but they are probably
> wrong for Solaris.

They probably will. There are two cases that need to be catered for on a
runtime Solaris / OpenSolariss system, gcc linked with solaris as
(Sunfreeware / GCC Default config ) and gcc linked with gnu as (which is now
being supplied on the companion CD by Sun) such as is required to actually
build wine. At runtime we cannot necessarily expect to get the same compiler
wine was built with.

For the moment its probably easier to require the config that is needed to
build wine in the first place since most code will be written to this (AT&T
vs Intel assembly also reverses the operand order of the assembler, swapping
source and destination regs, I'm not sure gcc handles this in asm sections).

This would make things the same as linux I think.

Bob