Running Palm Desktop

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Sun Jul 3 01:19:18 CDT 2005

Hi all,
I have a palm pilot that came with a lot of different apps, but they
have conduits that need windows to function. I have been experimenting
with getting Palm Desktop to run with Wine. It installs OK, but it
doesn't run because of a bug in WinMM. I can, however, get the Hotsync
service to run. But, it doesn't see my USB cradle. Has anyone tried
setting this kind of thing up to get Wine to interface with the cradle
using the visor driver? I thought this might work, since it emulates a
serial port. But, I don't know how to map a COM port to the device. Does
anyone know how to do that with Wine 20050628?

Thanks,
James Liggett