[x11drv] d3d stencil support

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 4 03:20:34 CDT 2005

Hi!

Oliver Stieber wrote:
> +    if (visual == NULL) {
> +        /* fallback to a 1 bit stencil (opengl states that at least 1 bit of stencil must be provided for on of the available configurations) */
> +        WARN("Failed to get a visual with at least 8 bits of stencil\n");
> +        int dblBuf2[] = {GLX_RGBA,GLX_DEPTH_SIZE,16,GLX_STENCIL_SIZE,1,GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER,None};
> +
> +        wine_tsx11_lock();
> +        visual = pglXChooseVisual(display, DefaultScreen(display), dblBuf2);
> +        wine_tsx11_unlock();
> +        if (visual == NULL) {
> +            /* This should only happen if we cannot fidn a match with a depth size 16 */
> +            FIXME("Failed to find a suitable visual\n");
> +    }

It's always nice to have a fallback, but in real life I've
never seen PC hardware (even back to the 90s) which supports
a 1-bit stencil buffer and not a 8-bit stencil buffer, so
this may be over-redundant.  (Would be interested in hearing
of any consumer hardware which only does a 1-bit stencil.)

Regards,
--adam