Theming

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:55:49 CDT 2005

On 06.07.2005 20:22, Robert Shearman wrote:
> I don't like the comctl32/theming.c file you added at all. If you are
> going to subclass a control, you should use the common control
> subclassing functions, but it's not clear to me that that is the best
> option.

Well, my initial idea was to set up a window creation hook and subclass
(the user32) controls from there, using the subclassing functions. Being
that somewhat complicated, Kevin suggested to start with the simpler
SetClassLong() subclassing, and change the method later as needed.

> Also, it might be worth making uxtheme into a delay load import so that
> we don't incur the load penalty when using non-themed controls.

Hm... although, theming is slightly more than just painting controls;
system setting (flat menus). OTOH, those could be written to the
registry when a theme is activated.

-f.r.