Get FireFox button ?

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 18:31:50 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 14:27 +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 01:46:06PM +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
> > By the way, did you guys know that Mozilla.org links to CX on the
> > plugins page?
> >
> > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html
> >
> > Check the bottom of the page.
> >
> > They even bring Wine into it, and compliment Codeweavers for their
> > support of the Wine project.
> >
> > Damn decent of them, really.
> >
> > But, whatever.
> >
> > Holly
> Do I sense some slight disagreement in this mail? ;-)
>
> Well, I for one am slightly astonished about that FireFox button reaction.

There are lots of good standards-compliant browsers out there though,
free and otherwise - personally I wouldn't want to see the wine project
advocating one specific browser over all the others (not that I see any
need for the project to recommend any kind of browser anyway!).

A big part of the OSS movement is freedom of choice for the user based
on their own needs; saying "you should be using this particular piece of
software" makes you no better than the big players IMHO. (personally I
find the whole "get firefox" marketing campaign slightly distasteful for
that very reason)

My 2 cents anyway...

cheers

Jules