Get FireFox button ?

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:56:43 CDT 2005

On 7/7/05, David D. Hagood <wowbagger at sktc.net> wrote:
> As I see it, Firefox links to CX because CX enhances Firefox - it allows
> FF to run plugins that it could not otherwise run.

True the Linux version of FireFox/Mozilla.....

> *IF* Firefox enhanced Wine - by providing an MSHTML-compatible object,
> for example - then it would make sense to provide a link, as then FF
> would enhance Wine.

Man i'm glad i'm *not* setting in front of your box!
FireFox enhances Wine is a large number of ways, how you ask?

Install the Windows release of FireFox into Wine and set it as your
default browser. Then go and get yourself some Windows only browser
plug-ins and install them into Wine. Fire up FireFox in the place of
IE and use those plug-ins within FF and get off the IE crack pipe.

And this not to say that there aren't many other valid reasons why
"Get FireFox" isn't of importance!

> But FF does not directly enhance Wine, then there is no symmetry between
> the two examples, so using the FF example to justify WineHQ having a Get
> FF button is invalid.

WineHQ doesn't have to do squat.. So saying WineHQ having to get a
button is incorrect within its self! This is a open debate on if we
should help promote, advocate another OSS project, and that project
just happens to be FireFox.

Tom