Palm Hotsync and usbserial: New Findings

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 16:37:19 CDT 2005

Yes, the hotplug (well, actually it's coldplug and udev) creates two USB
devices, /dev/tts/USB0 and /dev/tts/USB1. With palm devices, these
entries only show up when the palm is actually trying to hotsync, but
palm desktop didn't really seem to care. It tried to use GetCommState
when the devices showed up. If I run hotsync program without trying to
sync, it doesn't complain. The errors only show after I pres the button.
I have USB0 symlinked to /dev/pilot, and I am able to sync with this
device using pilot-link compatible apps (mainly gnome-pilot.) Oh, and
about that crash--does the mailing list archive have a search engine on
it?

Thanks a lot,
James