Installing Palm Desktop

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Sat Jul 9 00:51:18 CDT 2005

Hmmm... never seen that before. I never did use version 20050524, so
there could be some regressions that I'm not aware of. I would ditch
this version and go with the current one, 20050628. But there's a catch:
They got rid of the config file and replaced it with registry entries.
As of yet, Winetools isn't yet aware of this, so you can't use it. But
getting windows installer to work is easy: Run instmsia.exe. The
installer will complain, but it will dump everything you need into
Windows\Installer\InstMsi0. Copy all the stuff in there to \Windows
\system. Then set msi.dll and misexec.exe to native, and Windows
Installer will work. Good luck. ;-)

James Liggett