FWIW, news of SFU and wine

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jul 10 03:23:42 CDT 2005

I've installed MS SFU successfully.  I can now use gcc under wine on Linux to
compile source for Linux under wine on Linux ... ;)  A bit bizarre, and a
decidedly roundabout way of doing things, but what's a challenge for?

I had a go at installing the x-window-system-on-MS-Windows package shown but
it halted with these error messages:

[wparish at localhost sfu+X]$ wine x-win612LX.exe
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA cannot set text "InstallShield Wizard" of other
process window (nil)
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:shell:SHELL32_DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub
[wparish at localhost sfu+X]$

So at the moment I can't run X under wine on Linux just for the fun of it and
the delight of saying I can ... ;(

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Wesley Parish

file:/home/wparish/wine-hdd/sfu+X/SFU35SEL_EN.exe
file:/home/wparish/wine-hdd/sfu+X/x-win612LX.exe

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?