[Wine]june 2005 release and 'registry' ?

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 11 02:55:11 CDT 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

> Eventually nobody should have to use winecfg for anything. Let's spend our
> time fixing the bugs and increasing automation rather than arguing about
> the best way to represent a list of hacks in the UI :)

I think the reality is that winecfg is going to hang round for a while.
  I only see patches adding to its functionality, and nobody is removing
config options.  Having a configurationless Wine is a lofty goal, but
not one that's achieveable in the short term.

It would be nice to spend a little bit of time to fix up the usability
issues that Felix has pointed out.  Opening a new window for app
specific overrides might be hard, but it would make alot more sense.

Mike