Installer: How is the progress coming along?

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 18:02:21 CDT 2005

How are things coming along with the application
installer?  I remember at one point reading that
"person A" was going to lock "person B" in some room
until work on it was completed. >:)

Right now, many us wine users can't install a lot of
apps on newer versions of Wine.  So, either we're
stuck on an earlier version of Wine, or we have to do
wacky things like install an app on an old version and
then move the install files to a newer version.  (The
latter only works in some instances like Flash MX.)
Certain workarounds we used in the past for installing
apps don't work with the current state of the
installer; i.e. utilizing stdole32.tlb

I want to get an idea of how long I/ we need to hold
my breath for. :)

Thanks!
Hiji