Installing Palm Desktop

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Fri Jul 15 16:09:19 CDT 2005

James Liggett wrote:

>That's what I did initially. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. :( It tries
>to install, but skips right to the end and doesn't install anything. But
>I'm using a newer cvs build now. I can try it again if you want.
>
>James
>
>On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 00:06 +0900, Mike McCormack wrote:
>

>>James Liggett wrote:
>>

>>>\system. Then set msi.dll and misexec.exe to native, and Windows
>>>Installer will work. Good luck. ;-)
>>>

>>It would be nice if you could try use the builtin msi and msiexec.exe
>>and report success or failure with it...
>>
>>Mike

The problem appears to be that the InstallShield installer expects
objects in the Running Object Table to be shared between processes, but
this is not the case at the moment and is a fairly big piece of work. It
needs to be done eventually, but I'm not likely to start work on this
any time soon.

--
Rob Shearman