Black Boxes on Apps

Hiji hijinio at
Fri Jul 15 22:27:40 CDT 2005

Reading tonight through some of the old CXOffice
threads, I noticed some people were having issues
running apps likes Illustrator because the panel
buttons would be black.  This is the same thing that
happens on ImageReady.  I also saw this:;issues=1

The only "apparent" way to fix this is to change your
XF86Config file so the screen depth is 16 and not 24.
Is there a way around this since (I'm guessing) apps
which run fine at 16bit (like Photoshop) do not have
this issue.  I'm assuming Adobe products carry a lot
of the same codebase.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,