stdole2.tlb

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Sat Jul 16 02:52:36 CDT 2005

James Liggett wrote:

>This is part of dcom98 I think (I found it in my fake drive, and I've
>also heard of it and references to dcom.) Make sure dcom98 installed,
>and set it to native, then try to install.

By the same logic, you must make sure Windows is installed.
This is a developers list and Ivan is saying (and I hope I interpreted
this right) that the only thing blocking him from installing GTA: San
Andreas out of the box is a missing stdole2.

Ivan, I believe the status was that a similar enough stdole2 cannot be
generated using widl without some extensions.
There are two options:
1. Generate the file manually by invoking ICreateTypeLib2 functions (I
believe Microsoft do it this way).
2. Add another mode to widl that allows the necessary forward references
in idl files. Huw Davies knows more about this problem.

--
Rob Shearman