Window resizing in wined3d

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at
Sat Jul 16 08:00:27 CDT 2005

--- Nick Burns <adger44 at> wrote:

> Is window resizing supported in GLX wined3d?
> For GLX -> WGL wined3d...
> I have written an incorrect version of window
> resizing -- that simply
> changes the viewport. This viewport changing works
> fine for the demos (but
> does not stretch the output as semantically defined
> by d3d9).
It's not supported yet. I plan to support it by
writing reset and sharing the code that recreates the
front, back and stencil buffers.

I haven't written reset because EvictManagedResources
was causing problems that should be fixed by the
mipmap patch I sent in yesterday.

> I am guessing that pbuffers would have to be used as
> the render target --
> then during a present the pbuffer would be bitbltted
> (stretched) to the
> output window...
We could do that, but potentially it's slow and
doesn't work on cards that don't support pbuffers.
'stretching' is just a case of setting up the proper
viewport and matrix.

> An alternate possibility is to use DibSections...
> (probably slow as dirt --
> also not GLX compliant)
> -----------
> Anyhow I have added SwapEffect and
> PresentationInterval support to my GLX ->
> WGL wined3d patch (so now vsync options are
> supported -- good for
> preformance measurments)
> And lastly with my GLX -> WGL patch would it be
> better to use wgl functions
> explictly and remove support for GLX completely or
> would it be better to
> support both GLX and WGL (as mine does currently)
I don't think we should be adding another layer if we
can help it.

Does your mail provider give you access to messages sent to other POP email accounts, like your work account?
Get Yahoo! Mail