Frequent and annoying Wine bug

Robbert Xerox xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 16 16:15:36 CDT 2005

Hi , i know this is not a wine-bug channel, but this
bug is affecting quite some apps, and seems to affect
more and more ...
At least five apps from wine-bug mailinglist throw up
an exception which either reads: "Assertion Failed
!bogus context in Local_Unwind()" or "in
Exception_Handler". As a reference a filed 2 bugs, and
commented another one where you can read the
+relay,+seh logs:
 Bug 3097
 Bug 3127
 Bug 3139

Some googling around makes me believe that this is a
Borland specific error. I tried to install Demo
Borland compiler in wine to see if i could reproduce
this error, but unfortunately it fails with exactly
the same error.

all programs show the same pattern before an exception
is thrown: they call LoadstringA() ,with something
like
 L"Failed to get data for '%s'" or L"Access
violation at address %p in module '%s'. %s of address
%p" See the bugs for more info.

I think this bug is really affecting quite some more
apps then the ones mentioned in wine-bugs so would be
great if anyone could shine a light on this, as of how
to solve the bug. Regards