Wined3d Regression...

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 13:00:55 CDT 2005

--- Nick Burns <adger44 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just thought I'd let ya guys know -- I noticed a little regression in the
> latest build of wined3d
>
> On Nvidia GeForce 4 4200 64MB (ask if ya want more specs)
>
> dx9_1pass_emboss_bump_mapping.exe -- only a white rectangle (no longer the
> embossed wood texture) on a black background
>
> dx9_2pass_emboss_bump_mapping.exe -- This is textured and embossed but is
> WAY too brown, also the fake light source polygon is brown
>
> dx9_effect_simple.exe -- only a white rectangle -- just like
> dx9_1pass_emboss_bump_mapping.exe

This is a problem with texture states (which aren't currently managed properly) I think enabling
one function has caused the brokenness of states to become apparent.

If I can fix the regression quickly I'll send in a patch, otherwise I'll send in a patch that
improves the way that states are managed.