include/msvcrt/crtdbg.h

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Tue Jul 19 11:19:07 CDT 2005

* On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> * Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > > Yet then I see lots of declared functions are prefixed with __cdecl
> > > and _CRTIMP prefixes.

> > And that comes from native header file.  Should we do the same in the
> > Wine header?
>
>  Not many apps (source code) use these functions. Mainly MFC and ATL/WTL
> and derived applications. If it is the later case (MFC/ATL)

I have none of these targets in my mind.  My goal is to fix failure in
dlls/msvcrtd/tests/debug.c .  That requires to extend code in
dlls/msvcrtd/debug.c , to fix the bug.  This by itself requires to change
include/msvcrt/crtdebug.h , if I don't want to hide bug that is relvealed
by running tests on native platform.  Hence arose my question.

>  If your code can make do without MFC/ATL and only thing missing is CRT
> memory debugging tools, than you can go head and implement them.

So as I need no memory debugging, lets suppose minimal changes in this
header file will be sufficient.

> (Or use native msvcrtd.dll which is of the same license as crtdebug.h.
> Debug version is of a different license than release)

Interesting to know, haven't noticed that earlier.  Thanks.