Proper way to test a specific locale

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Tue Jul 19 11:24:58 CDT 2005

Could somebody indicate me on the proper way to write a test for one
specific locale? By this I mean, even if the user has LANG=en defined in
the environment, the test should (temporarily) force the code path taken
as if LANG=es_EC was defined in the environment. I am asking this
because I want to write a test that demonstrates a difference between
floating-point formatting in native oleaut32 versus builtin, that only
shows up when a locale other than LANG=en is used, and I want this test
to actually test the difference even for US/UK testers.

Feel free to ask me for any clarifications.

Thanks for your attention.

Alex Villacís Lasso