RICHED20: TODO list additions

Phil Krylov phil at newstar.rinet.ru
Fri Jul 22 12:18:05 CDT 2005

Hi Dmitry,

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 00:41:42 +0900
"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:

> What kind of hyphenation richedit needs? Would an automatic, not
> dictionary based algorithm suffice?

Actually I'm unsure if the original RichEdit implements any hyphenation
algorithm itself. However, version 4.1 allows to specify a callback
function for hyphenation via EM_SETHYPHENATEINFO message. I need to perform
some tests to see if there is any default algorithm. If there is one, we
should also implement it, and your code could be useful (but probably only
for East Slavic languages as the algorithm must be language-specific).

-- Ph.