crypt32: Re: exception handling, part 2

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Jul 25 12:42:20 CDT 2005

Thank you for taking your time to explain all that changes, Juan.

* On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Juan Lang wrote:

> That's interesting too.  0x00ffffff bytes are supposed to follow, but an
> access violation is caught.  So the WinME version catches some
> exceptions, but not all?

I wouldn't be surprised much.  WinME was rather strange step by M$, IMHO.

> > | encode.c:313: Test failed: Expected CRYPT_E_ASN1_LARGE, got 80093106
>
> That's CRYPT_E_ASN1_MEMORY, meaning out of memory.  Weird, it must try to
> allocate this much?

Sorry, I have no opinion of this case.  May my box be really out of mem?

> I think accepting both CRYPT_E_ASN1_LARGE and CRYPT_E_ASN1_EOD, along
> with a value that results in CRYPT_E_ASN1_EOD, would be a useful fix.
> Do you want to patch it?

Hm, nah.  It's not my corner of coding (at least now), plus I just have
came back from an unurbanized place surrounded by a forest, where I have
done some physical job.  So now I feel somewhat unITized. =)

If you'll send some patch, I would be glad to see it (and to test it upon
a request).