commctrl: modularize progress drawing

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Jul 26 13:37:07 CDT 2005

From: "Felix Nawothnig" <felix.nawothnig at t-online.de>
> > It has become the norm lately to not have the ALLCAPS_ prefix
> > for internal static functions, but rather have names_with_underscores
> > to easily tell them apart from Win32 APIs.
> >
> > So for the above, I guess get_led_size() would be preferable.
>
> I thought the only half-official rule would be to keep the style
> consistent with the rest of the file, which is just what Frank is doing
> here since progress.c uses ALLCAPS_CamelCase everywhere?

Correct. But in this case I think it's warranted as we add a lot
more functions than the there exists. And besides, I initially
wrote this control, and I think we're better off dropping the
illy prefix :)

> And actually I'd prefer ALLCAPS_CamcelCase over kernel_style since the
> latter looks quite alien in Win32 code... and looking at wine-patches
> from the last weeks it seems I'm not alone. :)

This ALLCAPS prefix comes from a day long gone when we didn't have
DLL separation. Now it just hurts the eye and it's distracting,
without providing much benefit for internal functions.

I think we're safe to assume that the prefered rule is:
  -- static functions don't have a prefix, and use the_undescode_names
  -- non-static ones keep the prefix, to avoid namespace polution.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.